Sunday, May 13, 2012

...the time is NOW.

...when I was praying about this journey to Peru, I KNEW in my heart that I needed God's word to stand on when making the decision to go. I knew I would need it because I KNEW that the journey would not be easy. I sought for Scripture and He gave it to me, and I am so grateful He did because trust me, there have been several times where my enemy will place a seed of doubt {because of a trial of some sort} in my mind and I will immediately up root it because I KNOW God made it very clear to me that I am to GO!  God's word doesn't promise that every step we walk with Him is paved with a perfect life, no problems, no worries. No, but HE does promise that He walks every step with us and that even in hard times, there can be joy. Joy is from HIM alone, not from circumstances.


As I sit here contemplating what lies in front of me and the journey it has been to get here, I feel at rest. I KNOW I'm right where I need to be. Has it an easy road to get there? Not so much...but in every situation, I have personally seen God's hand, I have heard His voice speak stillness over my storms, I have experienced the love and support of the body of Christ in ways I never dreamed...I've been carried by His mighty right hand...and the time is NOW...I am ready to go! {no joke, bags are packed, sitting by the door!}


Sometimes, I focus too much on the difficulties around me, it seems like all there is lately is bad news. It's easy to give in to discouragement and defeat and think that there is no way out of the situation we are in {trust me, I know, this is a test I am still living out to this day...am I going to give in to defeat? or am I going to claim the Scripture I KNOW to be truth and stand in Victory?}...tonight I hear His voice saying...look up, there is hope in every hopeless situation. There is joy in the midst of sorrow. There is peace when the storm is raging...now rise up and offer that to this broken world that is hurting. I'm reminded again tonight of the words of my pastor Joey..."live a life of urgency." What does that look like. Tonight it looks like praying for those that are hurting, encouraging the broken hearted, spreading joy and hope to those who have none...{even if it's just a smile and a hello}...it's being His hands and His feet, no matter where or who. The time is NOW...how will they know if no one tells them? We have the most precious gift of all in Jesus...He is all this world needs, whether that is here at my local grocery store, or in a children's home in Peru...and living a life of urgency that ALL would know Him is what I plan to do. 


until the whole world hears,
Amy

No comments: