Tuesday, May 15, 2012

humbled.broken.grateful.


1 Corinthians 12:12-27


New Living Translation (NLT)

One Body with Many Parts

12 The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ. 13 Some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles,[a] some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit.[b]
14 Yes, the body has many different parts, not just one part. 15 If the foot says, “I am not a part of the body because I am not a hand,” that does not make it any less a part of the body. 16 And if the ear says, “I am not part of the body because I am not an eye,” would that make it any less a part of the body? 17 If the whole body were an eye, how would you hear? Or if your whole body were an ear, how would you smell anything?
18 But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it.19 How strange a body would be if it had only one part! 20 Yes, there are many parts, but only one body. 21 The eye can never say to the hand, “I don’t need you.” The head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you.”
22 In fact, some parts of the body that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary. 23 And the parts we regard as less honorable are those we clothe with the greatest care. So we carefully protect those parts that should not be seen, 24 while the more honorable parts do not require this special care. So God has put the body together such that extra honor and care are given to those parts that have less dignity. 25 This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. 26 If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad.
27 All of you together are Christ’s body, and each of you is a part of it.

I'm reminded of these Scriptures tonight as I reflect on God's provision...I cannot say it enough...seek God as to what HIS plan for you is...make sure it's HIM leading you...then, watch Him provide. I've seen way too many times {my life included} that we look at the price of what God wants us to do and then the excuses start flooding in...{I can't take off work, that cost too much, seriously, it would be ridiculous for me to do that...} Don't get me wrong, don't misread what I am saying...I'm NOT saying be foolish or a bad steward of what God has given you...what I AM saying is ...ASK HIM what He desires of your life...get CLEAR direction from HIM and when HE says GO...take the leap of faith and watch HIM provide. You won't be disappointed...I guarantee it! {if you want specific stories some time, just ask...I've got plenty to tell of His faithfulness time and time again.} 


Tonight, as I look at my blessings tree that is growing daily, I pray specifically over every name...{and even the names that aren't on there, I KNOW there are friends partnering with me on this journey...in prayer, in love, in support}....I ASK God to bless each person...more than they could ask or think...I pray that He shows them HIS faithfulness just as He has used them to show me His faithfulness...I sit here with a heart that is overwhelmed with gratitude.



I'm reminded that I AM NOTHING SPECIAL...I'm no different than any of these names...I'm humbled by so many who have said YES when God prompted them to move...I'm reminded that we All are HIS BODY...and every part of HIS body is important. I think of how each one of these lives are represented in His body...His hands {the client that quickly grabbed my hand yesterday in the midst of the salon to offer up prayer on my behalf and then 5 minutes later got to eye-witness her prayer answered}...I see His eyes {in the friend whose eyes light up with excitement every time she tells me how excited she is for my adventure}...I hear His voice {in the little voices of those who call me Tia/Aunt Amy/Mimi}...I feel the words of His heart {in EVERY sweet letter/card/text/message/email that I have received from SO MANY PEOPLE...I am embraced by HIS LOVE.}...I see His ears {in every family member and friend who has taken the time to listen to my stories...and sincerely want to hear what God is doing in my life}...I have experienced His mind {in ALL the wisdom that has been given by so many}...I see His knees {for every prayer that has been lifted up on my behalf}...and I'm humbled...broken...grateful.


You see, God is using me right now to be His feet...the one that GOes...but I couldn't GO if not for the rest of HIS body that is partnering with me...I couldn't GO if not for HIM using HIS body to provide...and all this does is make me fall to my knees and worship Him...because HE ALONE is worthy of all the praise. He is Provider. He can and will provide...all He wants is for us to say YES to HIS PLAN. I love what the verses below say..."He thought of EVERYTHING, provided for EVERYTHING we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans HE TOOK SUCH DELIGHT IN MAKING." {emphasis mine}. The GOD of this universe, Creator of the world...took delight in making plans for ME! FOR YOU! Don't you wanna know what that is??? Every day??? I sure do!...and with those plans comes provision...don't miss out! Find out what HIS PLANS FOR YOU ARE, say YES to those plans...and watch Him provide...you won't regret it!



Ephesians 1:7

The Message (MSG)
 7-10Because of the sacrifice of the Messiah, his blood poured out on the altar of the Cross, we're a free people—free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either. Abundantly free! He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans he took such delight in making. He set it all out before us in Christ, a long-range plan in which everything would be brought together and summed up in him, everything in deepest heaven, everything on planet earth.

{emphasis on Scriptures-mine}

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I just could not be prouder of anyone than I am of you right now. Wanting to know the desire of God's heart for you, hearing His call and then following in obedience are everything I expect from you. Praying for you and your team as you prepare, knowing that God has also given you all that you need to do His work in Peru. I will miss you and pray for your health and protection as you travel. Love you!