Wednesday, May 30, 2012

...enjoying the journey

This week has been so full. Full of work, full of laughter, full of joy, full of growth and prayer and let me say...I'm definitely enjoying the journey! It would take too long to write everything down so I will give you bullet point highlights from the last week in Peru: I've enjoyed the journey by: ...Reading so many thoughtful cards and verses of encouragement from home...never underestimate the power of your words or how God can use them! ...memorizing in Spanish and quoting (in front of the children)Jer.29:11...God has a sense of humor, I tell ya! ...learning and growing as a leadership team with Jim and TKay and Dave...God's presence in them is inviting and comforting...I'm learning so much from each of them...and they're bound and determined to get me out of the dark ages with my computer technology (or lack there of). ...evaluating my walk with the Lord...getting things right on a daily basis...basking in His presence, never have I felt more loved by my Father in Heaven. ...enjoying a glass bottle coke from the bodega:) ...getting up early to braid the Chicas hair for school today...loved it! Can't say no to those girls! ...dancing (or trying to, ha!) with the children before and acts dinner! Last night...we were teaching the electric slide and the macarena! (if you know my dancing skills...yah, we will just leave it at that!) ...being able to listen to Joey's (my pastor) messages whole here...keeps homesickness at bay! ...getting to meet my sponsored "niece" ('s) baby niece! She was quite the giggle box! ...experiencing China Town in Lima...seriously felt like I was in a movie! ...enjoying time spent over a meal...full of laughter! ...church at Camino de Vida...worship was awesome! ...having lunch with Kelly and Lisa Guier while they're here for their adoption(s). ...shampooing 11 heads of hair in helping with treatments...loved it! ...quiet mornings spent with TKay...much needed girl talk and God talk! ...meeting new friends from CDV...sharing a meal with them and gettin to spend time with their kiddos (which included holding a 9week old baby all night: heaven on earth! ...being woke up to the laughter of children: priceless! ...using my gifts to get rooms ready and preparing for our team of 7 girls that are arriving in less than 5hours! With that said...it's GO time for why I'm here! Please pray as tonight starts the night of a 8 week discipleship program that Dave and I are co-leading...we expect great things from God alone! He must become greater and greater, I must become lesser and less. Enjoying the journey! Me :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are in that sweet spot of doing exactly what God created you for, I’m praying for you as you meet the girls that Christ would be there in the center. Excited for you as you are on this journey and glad you at least know enough about technology to blog! =)

Beth M

Ally Massey said...

Amy....God's presence is overflowering from your words. It is obvious He is up to something big and you get to be right in the middle of His plan. So thrilled for your adventure as you walk in step with His amazing Spirit! Thanks for writing and taking us along in the journey with you.
Ally