Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pastora Alicia

I remember last June when I was here having a conversation with Jim and TKay and Rob about the need for a local church to partner with here in this community. The need was something that we sat in a circle and prayed for, I gotta admit my faith was so small that day, I have been blessed to see with my own eyes a year later what God was already working on with the blessing of Pastora Alicia. Her church meets in Lomas de Marchan, very near to the home. She is pastoring the children and staff here at Hannah's also. Not to mention the countless people in the communities surrounding and her ministry extends to pastors in churches nearby. I have watched her over the last couple of weeks and have had the privilege to sit down with her and TKay on multiple occasions as we meet and seek God for the areas of community ministry here. I'm humbled everytime I'm around her, I desire to be close to her (wishing so bad I could understand everything she says) and I love seeing the Spirit of God surround her. He is what makes her move. She has a heart so big that beats in tune with the heart of God. Her compassion and passion for people is contagious! Her joy cannot be contained. Yesterday we saw once again her "walk of faith" (as Dave shared last night). Yesterday was a holiday here so the schools were out and we'd been planning an all day of ministry in a nearby town called Mala. Pastor Alicia's heart was to go there and pull along side 2 pastor friends one whose church was established but needing help with a children's Sunday school, the other needing greater help as it's a new work in a community where many do not even know the church exists. (with our North American perspective we would never probably venture out to do something like this without making sure all our ducks were in a row first, right?-not with Pastora Alicia-she showed us yesterday what faith with shoes on looks like.) We faced many obstacles trying to get there...arriving 2 hours later than planned only to find that the first pastor wasn't there. But that didn't stop this precious Pastora...NOPE! she took off on foot and by golly she hunted that pastor down 30 minutes later bringing him back in a moto! I love the importance of making sure hat there is a local pastor in each location we minister in so that when we leave, the people of that community have a face and church to connect back to! There continued to be more obstacles but we saw God prevail and we had an incredible mid-morning of service and ministry...I enjoyed seeing the church youth leaders from Pastora's church and our group integrate and minister as one body. The plan waste eat lunch together, have a time of prayer and intercession for this community and then move on tothe next location. We had the prayer time and lunch and were on our way to the next location for the next campaign and Pastora's face said it all when we pulled up and there was no one at the church...looking back I see her devastation was because he heart (of a pastor) was to help this church, to breathe some life into it, and she was disappointed that it wasn't going to happen (at least not this day...it will happen in Gods timing). From my shallow perspective it could have been seen as a "fail" because there was lack of communication prior to make sure all the details were lined up...but I believe the greatest lesson God had for us was to see Pastora's heart and that she truly ministers by walking in faith. She is led by God and she doesnt worry about what the outcome will be...she leaves that up to God. She is pastoring me while here. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to be under her leadership! I am looking forward to more opportunities next week to serve with her and her church group(another wonderful group of youth leaders whose hearts are precious!) never did I see coming the blessing of meeting this woman of God and getting the opportunity to serve with her! (oh, did I mention she's a single mom too!-she amazes me! Christ in her amazes me!) Gloria a Dios!

No comments: