Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Morning Lessons...

So, this morning, my roomie Robin and I were trying to get the filter out of the refrigerator so we could replace it...however, it required taking off the bottom piece of the refrigerator...and let me just say it was FILTHY down there! Yuck! I was shocked at how much dirt had accumulated down under the fridge and it was unnoticeable. I made the comment that I wonder how many other parts of the house had hidden places of dirt. Robin made the comment that we don't check those places because we don't think anyone is going to look there! So, my wheels in my brain began turning...I've always been one to apply house cleaning to my walk with Christ. There are so many great applications...when I clean at home, I make a conscious effort to ask God to clean my heart and my life out at the same time. This situation this morning brought a whole new thought....what places of my heart/life are hidden that need to be thoroughly cleaned? What places are hidden that I think even God can't see...which is not true, for He sees everything! As I began to run hot water over this piece that was in desperate need of washing...I couldn't help but think about how I need the Water of His Word to run over every area of my life every hidden place of my heart and give a complete cleansing! God I pray that You would take the Water of Your Word today and completely cleanse me of every hidden place that is hiding the dirt and sin. I desire to be completely clean before You. Thank You for the power that is in Your Word and that It does It's job in my life as I allow It to! You are such a Great God, and I praise You!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great picture (as I too have recently cleaned the top, back and underneath my refrig) of the need to clean those hidden places with God's word!