Monday, December 1, 2008

The Greatest Moment...

This morning I have been reading about the moment that God became flesh and dwelt among us...as I have been reading and thinking...I have to ask myself, what was that moment like? We are talking GOD....and I really cannot put into words Who He is...but He humbled Himself and became "God with us"...that is unbelievable.
Matthew 1:22-23 says Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
"When the King of kings exchanged His majestic robes for swaddling clothes, surely it was the most beautiful, awe-inspiring moment in all eternity." ~Jennifer Kennedy Dean
What was that moment like...what did the angels think? I picture it being a real big deal in Heaven, everyone stopping what they are doing...a buzz like electricity is spreading quickly...everyone is standing in awe...it's truly unbelievable....yet, what happened when in that moment, Jesus was born on earth....and He truly became "God with us"? What was the reaction on earth? How was He received here? There was no buzz here on earth...no glorious entry, just a stable...with animals...did the animals know what had just happened in their world? What was that moment like? Makes me think of today.....how much do I miss out on because I don't recognize the activity of God in my life....do I catch every moment that Jesus comes right into my world....at home, at work, in my heart...do I catch every time He speaks...announcing His presence in my life? Is it an unbelivable moment or an ordinary moment? God, today I pray that I would recognize your activity in my life and that each moment would be unbelievable...not just another day.
Hebrews 1:6

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Amen sister.... As I ponder the words the Lord has given you to share with us....I think of how the Lord loves for us to be still when we really want to hear what He is saying...I believe He wants us to learn somethin about simplicity by the way in which He entered this world....
Thanks for sharing.... I love you my friend! Homey...

Lauren Sterling said...

Amy! You have no idea what that blog entry just did for me! I've been trying to figure out how to make Christmas come alive to our youth this week...and you may have just inspired me. Thanks for writing from your heart and being who you are!