Saturday, May 24, 2008

Anxious...

Tonight I find my heart very anxious. I am not one to worry much...but here lately...I have so much on my heart and on my plate that I find myself worrying when I am preaching to others to trust...I need to eat my own words!

Anxiety is defined as "distress or uneasiness of mind caused by apprehension of danger or misfortune..."

My mind is definitely uneasy tonight and I am looking to the Truth to calm my fears and still my heart...the verse that comes first to my mind is:

Philippians 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."

Turn my worries into prayers...and supplications....(a humble and earnest petition...)...with thanksgiving. I am learning that this is one way to change my frame of mind. When I come humbly before God and lay these requests at His feet...I exchange the worries for His peace...His Joy!

Philippians 4:7-9 says..."And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do; and the God of peace shall be with you."


I cling to the words.."which passeth all understanding..." I don't understand many things right now and have a ton of questions...but those questions fade when I go back and consider the person of God. When I "think on these things...". What is true? God is Faithful, He cannot fail, His Word is true, He can be trusted, He will lead me, He has a future planned for my life, He is Love, He is Peace, He is Joy, He is a refuge and strength...the list goes on and on. "Shall keep your hearts and minds..." I think this was written specifically for girls. I need His Peace to keep my heart and my mind. I like how it says "shall keep..." It's a promise!....through Christ Jesus. He is my anchor to hold onto when I don't understand. He keeps my heart and mind at rest. I need to keep my eyes fixed on Him and Him alone. It's when I look around at everything else that I start to be anxious and to fear. My heart longs for peace.

Peace: calm repose, eternal rest, free of strife or discord, harmony in personal relationships especially with God.

That is what my heart desires tonight...peace from the battle that rages inside of me...I repeat the words "...do and the God of peace shall be with you." One action is required on my part..."do". Do what? the things that i have learned, heard and received. Simple.


No comments: