Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Will you praise Him?

Dear Friends...

So, today has been a pretty crappy day...pardon my words...and it didn't start off that way, life happens.

So, as I have been "bummin" all afternoon, the Holy Spirit inside me says..."Why don't you leave the "stuff" and come spend some time with me?"...brillant idea!

As I sat down with my Bible, journal and music...I was reminded of what my dear friend had said to me earlier..."you gotta praise Him...no matter the circumstances, you gotta praise Him in the bad times too"...(how appropriate the song that is playing on my Ipod right now..."Oh Praise Him..." funny how God speaks!

So, I took my pen out and decided to praise God in the midst of my circumstances today...God changed my whole heart and perspective just by writing down 10 reasons to Praise Him inspite of my circumstances today...He reminded me of Who He is...He is the Almighty God, His power is limitless, He knows all things and is Everywhere...He is the Truth and has the ability to reveal it if He so chooses...He is amazing, He doesn't need me, He wants me...He can do ALL things, He wants to help me out, He desires to show me His power...He deserves all the praise, Every breath I take should be in offering up praise to Him!

I say all this to say, I propose a challenge to you...for one week take 5 minutes every day to write out 10 reasons you have to praise Him no matter the circumstance you are in in that moment and make sure they are different every day. You will find that your perspective on your circumstance will change and your faith will in crease in the God Who is the GREAT I AM!

I leave you with the words of this song...

"Turn your ear to Heaven and hear the noise inside
The sound of angels awe
The sound of angels song and
All this for a King
We can join and sing
All to Christ our King

How constant how divine
This song of ours will rise
Oh how constant how Divine
This love of ours will rise, will rise

Oh Praise Him
Oh Praise Him
He is Holy
He is Holy
Turn your gaze to heaven and raise
A joyous noise
The sound of salvation come
The sound of rescued ones
And all this for a King
Angels join to sing
All for Christ our King

Oh praise Him
Oh praise Him
He is Holy
He is Holy"

Will you join with me to praise Him?
As one let us sing...Oh Praise Him!
Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.