Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Gift from the heart...


I have learned that it is truly "better to give than to receive"...however, this year God has been teaching me to be a receiver along with being a giver of myself. Last week I received a gift that came from the heart. One of my customers brought to me a priceless gift. She is one that has walked the journey with me several times to Zambia and knows and understands the passion I have for the people of Africa. The gift she gave and made was this quilt inspired by my many trips to Zambia. I was completely overwhelmed. I had never received a gift so beautiful and to know the hours of love that were put into it. The detail that was envolved, the time that was sacrificed and spent....makes this gift so very precious. The name of the quilt pattern "Anazi" intrigued her and in looking it up, she found it to mean "Song of Africa"...how appropriate. Thank you Susy for your gift of love....at the same time, this makes me think of another gift I have received that cannot begin to compare...and that is the Gift of Love given to me by my Savior, Jesus Christ. Such a gift that cost Him His life...a sacrifice that cannot be put into words. The labor of love that He went through for me and for you...Thank You Jesus, for your unspeakable gift.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, You are our gift. I am happy you love your quilt. From the moment it was conceived, it was under His direction. Believe it or not, your quilt touched many lives as it was under construction. I have to believe this was yet another tool for Him to use so that we could share the joy of His undying love for us. Isn't it fun to watch God in action? susie

Amy said...

Amen...He uses anything and everything to bring Him Glory because that is our God!

Anonymous said...

wow amy this is an amazing gift from the heart ....i bet its beautiful in person. all my love aunt silla