Friday, November 24, 2006

Being in the Way of the Lord

My reading today found me in Gen. 24 where a particular verse stood out to me. Verse 27 says "And he said, Blessed be the Lord God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth I being in the way, The Lord led me to the house of my master's brethren."

As I meditate on that phrase, I being in the way, The Lord led me, I am challenged in my own walk with the Lord. How many days am I walking in the "way" that the Lord is walking. Or how many days am I "in His way" of what He is trying to accomplish in my life. This man in this verse found himself walking the same way that the Lord was walking and was then led of the Lord to accomplish the task before him.

Question for the day....Am I walking in the way of the Lord, so that He can lead me; or am I in His way?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT. HOW IS MY DAILY WALK IS HE WALKING WITH ME OR HAVE I CHOOSEN MY OWN PATH? THANKS SO VERY MUCH FOR SHARING.

3 JOHN 1:3 FOR I REJOICED GREATLY,WHEN THE BRETHERN CAME AND TESTIFIED OF THE TRUTH THAT IS IN THEE, EVEN AS THOU WALKEST IN TRUTH.
3 JOHN 1:4 I HAVE NO GREATER JOY THAN TO HEAR THAT MY CHILDREN WALK IN TRUTH.

Carolyn said...

So true Homey! We are so often in the way of the Lord and what He is doing. He is sooo good He makes a way to still accomplish His will even through us. We are vessles of honor or dishonor.
Grace and Mercy! Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Wow, That really got me thinking. How often do i let my flesh stand in the way of what God is trying to do. Praise the Lord.

Unknown said...

Dag-Gum that was AWESOME...I will be chewing on that all week...Thanks

I want to follow the Lord so much that He gets tired of me stepping on His heals....