Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmastime "bucket list"

...lately I have been quite inspired by the way my pastor is living his life. Being diagnosed with stage 4 kidney cancer this time last year has caused him to live his life with such an urgency. I'm inspired by how he is living life to the fullest and making the most of the time he has been given.

Shouldn't we all live life that way?

Diagnosis or not, we should all be living life redeeming the time. Making the most of every opportunity...taking every chance we get...sharing Christ with all we meet. Not only does his life inspire me to live my life with urgency, it has also inspired me to make a Christmastime "bucket list" this year. There are so many things I've always wanted to do at Christmas but either don't take the time or I'm lazy or I just let life consume me...not this year, nope! I'm determined to live my life with urgency and to make the most of every minute and enjoy the journey in the process. By that, I mean I'm gonna make a list of the things I've always wanted to do and this year...NO EXCUSES! If it's a children's activity...well by golly, I'm gonna go treat a special little person {Lord knows I may not have my own...but He sure has blessed me with loads of special little people!}...if it involves a family activity...I'm gonna invite one to go with me...God has blessed me and this season I CHOOSE to focus on what He has given me and not get trapped in the viscous lonely {down right depressing if I'm being transparent} cycle of what the holidays can be for a {single} girl...

so...here's my bucket list:

1. Christian {Christmas} Concert.
2. Church Christmas Play{s}
3. Go to a Christmas Tree Farm and cut a tree down.
4. Bake Cookies and anonymously drop them off at people's homes.
5. Hot chocolate and peppermint mmmhmmm shindigs ;)
6. Walk around the plaza to see the lights while drinking Sbux deliciousness.
7. Go for a drive in "Christmas in the Park" with my dad.
8. Christmas Caroling.
9. Send Christmas Cards early.
10. Hallmark Christmas movies...tons of them!
11. Hand-make all gifts and try not to spend a fortune on supplies.
12. Elf. {and all my other fav Christmas movies}
13. Buy some new Christmas pj's {I've always wanted some for Christmas Eve}
14. Be intentional about each activity I'm involved in...be present.
15. Be intentional with my out of town family and friends...give the gift of value.
16. Bake cookies with my nieces.
17. Take my parents to a nice dinner.
18. Go the extra mile with my clients. {I'm thinking cards}
19. Get my girlfriends and go sit on Santa's lap-picture time!
20. Christmas Eve movie with my Bro.
21. Christmas Eve Service.
22. Serve.
23. Read JKD Christmas Book diligently.
24. Make a meal for a family.
25. Have friends in my home...alot.

No comments: