Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Who can stand?


I love the show Survivor...one of my favorite challenges is when the have a "stand-off" where the last man/woman standing is the winner. I think of the determination and mental stradegy that that challenges requires. I was reminded of this visual this morning when I was reading in



Proverbs 21:30

No human wisdom or understanding or plan
can stand against the Lord.


I could visualize MY WISDOM, MY UNDERSTANDING, MY PLAN on the stand and God standing on the otherside....there is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that MY SELF can outstand God and what HIS WISDOM, HIS UNDERSTANDING, HIS PLAN has for me.
And to think of how I give it my all trying to make all "MY STUFF" makes sense when in my heart I should know that HIS WAY will "outstand" mine every single time.



So....instead of trying to outstand HIM...there's the word SURRENDER again...
I just need to give in to HIS WISDOM, HIS UNDERSTANDING, HIS PLAN...
and know that standing WITH HIM will always be better than standing AGAINST HIM...


No comments: