Monday, February 16, 2009

Lord, HELP!

Sunday Night as I was driving home...I found myself lost in prayer...literally. I had so much on my heart that I was trying to get out to God...trying to come up with just the right words so He would know my heart...so He could fix it all and make a way in every situation. I was becoming EXHAUSTED in my praying! I finally stopped and just blurted out...LORD, HELP! His peace instantly came over me...it was as if He was saying..."Finally...that's what I've been waiting for!" It hit me how I was trying to take over His Spirit's role in my life...He already knew all about my circumstances big and small...He already had it figured out...He has already made a way! Wow, how comforting! What I pictured in my mind is a small child trying and trying and trying to tie his own shoe...not getting it done...frustrated...and finally that child asks an adult to help him out...and the adult says..."that's what I've been waiting for!" My lesson I learned that night is that God desires to help me...sure He will let me struggle and try to figure it out on my own...but there is a peace and freedom that comes with SURRENDER! I don't have it all figured out...but I do know that in that moment...My God, MY FATHER bent His ear to listen to me, His child cry out for help...and He did!

No comments: