Saturday, January 5, 2008

Made me smile....

Today, a good friend and I went to see the movie "Enchanted". A very good movie I must say! It's a cute cartoon/reality fairytale movie....I was waiting for my friend to use the restroom and saw the most precious sight. It was a dad and a little girl about 3 years old that had been to this movie walking down the hallway hand in hand, their leftover bag of popcorn all folded up in daddy's hand and his daugther's little hand in the other. I heard her say..."Daddy, I want to go do some more fun stuff!" her little voice, so innocent and precious and so full of joy. You could tell that spending that time with her daddy had made her day! He grinned from ear to ear..."What do you want to do?" he asked. Although I couldn't hear her response their little conversation made me smile! He was full of joy too...he waited as she went to throw something in the trash, lifting the lid when all she really needed to do was throw the trash through the hole on top...he helped her out not making her feel silly for not knowing how it worked...he was so full of patience and love for his little girl....when they exited the building, he reached down again and grabbed her hand...off they went in search of their car just smiling away. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face either. Then the thought came to me...that is what my Father God is to me. He rejoices when I get to have a Daddy date with me. I can hear Him asking me to spend some time with Him just as I am sure this daddy had asked his little girl if she wanted to go to the movies. I forget so easily that He is a Father to me. He rejoices and smiles over me, just like this dad did his daughter. He, my Heavenly Father, reaches down for my hand and wants to walk and talk with me...I was humbled and full of the Father's love for me all over again! It made me smile!!!

No comments: