Saturday, November 24, 2007

Time to Worship

Matthew 14:31-33
And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

As I was reading this passage this morning, the latter part of this story stuck out to me. A number of times, I have read and reread and studied the first part of this story about Peter stepping out on faith...walking on the water to Jesus and focusing his eyes on Jesus and how that applies to me in the storms of life. Oh to have that kind of faith that walks on the water to Jesus in the midst of the storms of life....but today...the last part of the story really hit home. It says that when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.....I had to ask myself...how many times do I stay out on the water even after Jesus has caught me and rescued me once again...I realize that an important step to this deliverance was the both of them getting back in the ship. When they got back in the ship, the wind ceased....When I get back in the place of safety....when I get back to His arms...my Strong Tower and my Deliverer....my Hiding Place....the wind is gonna cease....it's not just gonna blow a little less....it says that IT CEASED! The second part that sticks out to me is that when they got back in the boat they ALL worshipped Him.....How many times do I just say "Thanks Lord for your deliverance" and then leave His presence without truly worshipping Him. What is the worship here? "Of a truth thou art the Son of God." Repeating Who He is....acknowledging Him for Who He is it's true...He is the Son of God! ...true worship!

No comments: