Saturday, June 30, 2007

"every knee should bow...."

"Great is the Lord and worthy of praise
Slow to Your anger and rushing to grace
Covered in mercy I stand at Your throne
And dance for the praise of this love that I owe
Great is Your faithfulness God unto me
Never forsaking You always will be
The Glorious Lamb of God slain for us all
Lion before all the nations will fall...."


The words of this song echoed over and over in my head this morning. In thinking about that last phrase "Lion before all the nations will fall"

I was remembering what scripture says in Philippians 2:8-11...


And being found in fashion as a man he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow of things in heaven, and things in earth and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


I began to look up the definitions to the words in these verses and was greatly challenged by what I found. Some of the definitions that stuck out to me were:

Humble: low in station, grade of importance, modest, meek WITHOUT PRIDE, courteously respectful, low in height or level, to lower condition, abase.

Obedient: State or act of obeying. Obey: to comply with or fulfill the commands or instructions of, to respond conformably in action to.

Bow: To bend or curve downward; stoop. TO YIELD OR SUBMIT. To bend the head or body in worship reverence, respect or submission.

Confess: To acknowledge or avow, TO OWN OR ADMIT, admit the truth or validity of, to declare.

As I continued to break down these verses I see Jesus Christ being found in fashion as a man...right where He was at....He did these things....He was just as human as I am, yet without sin and in His humanness, HE became humble and obedient....I would like to share my application of these verses to my own life and I pray that they encourage you to be more like Him.



In coming to the conclusion that I am human and but flesh, I must become WITHOUT PRIDE and I must comply with and fulfill the commands that are asked of me even when it will cost me my plans, my desires, my thoughts...and my life I must choose to obey. God is the One that will take the One who has abased Himself and bring Him to a place of high exaltation. He gave A NAME above EVERY NAME to THE NAME Jesus! At THE NAME every knee including the 2 I have been given will yield, and submit in reverence, respect, and worship to ALL of Who He is. The tongue that I have will no longer be used to the fulfilling of the flesh, it will be used to own and admit that Jesus is Lord...to the glory of God the Father.

No comments: